The name Gyro is derived from the gyroscope, symbolizing the ability to maintain a desired course and attitude regardless of outside influences. While we are not able to gather in person this year, Gyros can’t let a little thing like a global pandemic stop us from having a great time!
We invite you to the first ever Gyro District IV Virtual Convention, the most fun you can have with your friends without leaving your home. Some unique advantages of a Virtual Convention:
- Everyone can participate! Meet new friends from around the District, no physical travel required
- No line ups at the bar and a very good chance they’ll have what you like.
- No one can tell if you’re wearing pants! Well…. at least until you stand up.
As virtual events involve a lot of sitting, we will be building in a break period to the main event and holding the AGM on the weekend prior.
Annual General Meeting: September 12 starting at 9:00AM.
District IV Main Event/Installation Evening: September 19 starting at 4:00PM
- 4:00PM to 6:00PM – Virtual Hospitality Rooms. Wear a funny hat, costume, or come as you are. In order to comfortable see everyone else’s video and avoid accidentally talking over each other, members will be placed in small hospitality rooms. Room participants will be rotated every 20 minutes, allowing you to meet and chat with new friends. Room changes will occur automatically, no technical knowledge required.
- 6:00 PM to 8:00PM – BREAK. Stretch, have something to eat, top up your glass, and get ready for the formal event.
- 8:00PM to 9:30PM – The Formal Installation. While not mandatory, this is your opportunity to get dressed up and show off your style. Listen to live music, meet the new District Executive (Officers + Club Presidents), hear from Gyro International, and celebrate this year’s award winners
- 9:30PM – End of Formal Installation. Virtual Hospitality Rooms re-open.
As not everyone has used the Zoom platform before, we will be holding a number of test sessions prior to the event. If you require additional assistance connecting, we will make sure there is help available. For those without a computer, a dial-in phone number will be provided.
Additional details and the link to join the Zoom meetings will be sent via e-mail closer to the date.
We look forward to this unique opportunity to share stories, enjoy some laughs, and celebrate the importance of friendship.